Monday, May 16, 2011

A Birthday Poem for Alan Thomas Doyle

 I remember that day, almost nine years ago, I was feeling lost,  my life moving in slow mo
Then by chance, one morning at school, I saw a poster, and on it was you.
 An evening with Alan Doyle, and his guitar; I'd heard the name, I knew you were a star
The price for the evening, a scant ten bucks, but it was more than worth it, just my luck
 From the very first time I heard from you sing, I knew exactly what it was I had to do
Become a fan of you and Great Big Sea, it was as simple as two plus two
 You were only in your 30s then, not married, and no kids at that point
But over the years you have been blessed, you now have a son, and your beautiful wife
 The years have been kind to you and although you're getting older its true
You're getting better with age Alan, Happy Birthday number forty-two!


Writers note: I did a poem for Alan on his 40th birthday, two years ago today. Now that he is on Twitter, and can read these sorts of things, I figured it was time to do him one for this birthday. If you read this Alan, Happy Birthday from me, and all your fans here at Great Big Sea of Fans. :

Cheers, Krista Eddy

No comments:

Post a Comment