Tuesday, April 5, 2011

just sharing Alan's latest FTR, as an update on his health :)

here's Alan's blog, from April 1st.


TOUR DIARY -- APRIL 1, 2011 -- HOME

I am quitting music to pursue a career in Politics.

April Fools.

Everything else in this blog should be somewhat accurate.

Thanks for the great Sold Out closing show in Colorado Springs. Such an awesome way to wind up the whole Safe Upon the Shore Tour.

Currently, resting at home and not doing a whole bunch of anything. As some of you know, I re-injured an old chink in the armour early in the last tour.

The result is I have get a wee bit of maintenance on the old back and rest and rehab for a number of weeks. The biggest reason I mention all this here is that a few shows and events will be affected. And I’d feel terrible if any of you folks made plans assuming I’d be somewhere, when in fact I knew I would not. That would be uncool of me, so here’s a list of proposed and in some cases advertised public appearances that I, with apologies, cannot attend.

I am supposed to play tonight at a Fundraiser in St John’s for The Children’s Center but I cannot make the call. Likewise the Company Theatre Fundraiser in Toronto in early May will have to excuse me.

My biggest regret is that I’ll have to bow out of the proposed shows in May in LA with Russell and a host of others. I was looking forward to that time especially as we’d get to share some tunes from the Crowe Doyle Songbook in some cool and intimate environments.

The sum total of it all is that I have to lay low, professionally speaking, for the entirety of April and May. The maintenance I spoke of is quite simple, as far as back stuff goes, and there is every indication that I should be better than ever by the month of June.

As the old Skipper in Petty Harbour always said, when asked about his health or the weather or any general state of affairs,

‘Could be Worser’.

Thanks for your patience and understanding in all of this. I look forward to the GBS dates coming up in the Summer months. More than ever.

Cheers,
Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment