Monday, April 18, 2011

a reply to 'something beautiful indeed'

I was going to write this as a comment, but I think its too long to be a comment.


You just brought tears to my eyes Sara. Those first few days, the first week actually was like a living nightmare. I felt like I was in hell. I was tired, but I couldn't sleep. Hungry, but I couldn't eat. I was like a zombie. I didn't know one person could cry as much as I did. I have tried to move on, but there are still some days that I can't believe she is gone.


When I saw that video, the tears started all over again. During the first few days after Wolf's death, the song 'Something Beautiful' was the only thing that kept me going. I honestly did not know how I was going to get through it. Some people told me to just get over it. Well, that's easier said than done, and I'm sure that those of you reading this, that have lost someone dear to them, know what I mean. Those words soothed me, and helped me find peace and come to terms with Wolf/Jen's death. It ended up resulting in one of the best blog posts I've ever written. 


Hearing those words again did my heart good, even though tears were streaming down my face. It felt like the guys understood the kind of hell that we had gone through; the loss of a good friend, for that's why the song was written in the first place. The guys had lost three close friends to cancer within a span of seven months. Wolf never had cancer, but the sudden shock of her death hurt no less than losing someone when you know they aren't going to make it.


Sara, thanks for sharing that. I think Wolf would be proud of how well we're carrying on.

2 comments:

  1. Krista, thank you for your heartfelt reply. I'm sorry you went through the sorrow you did, but I'm glad you were there with me. It helps to have somebody to share the grief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad we had each other going through that time. You, at least, understood what I was going through.

    ReplyDelete